UK's second consultation for Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) Reform closed on June 4th, 2021 , with a summary of responses expected to be published later in 2021. The consultation indicates that significant changes are on the way, relating to:
- Costs likely to be based on multiple criteria including material type and recyclability, leading to more complex reporting requirements
- Additional reporting based on supply into the different regions - England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales.
Redefined obligated businesses
- Multiple categories of producers with one compliance point for each packaging component
- Individual businesses may take on more than one obligation
- To help consumers understand if a packaging item is recyclable (by component)
- No de-minimus for this requirement to reduce confusion
- Likely to include imported products
Greenstreets can provide comprehensive advice and guidance on all aspects of these changes.