Rising cost of packaging compliance
All producers have been impacted by the recent volatility of PRN prices, especially those using plastic and aluminium packaging and naturally everyone wants to understand what can be done to mitigate the effects of this. With PRN prices expected to remain at or close to current levels for the foreseeable future, it is important to check that your packaging specifications are up to date to ensure you don’t pay more than you should.
Producer Responsibility Reform
It is clear from DEFRA’s 2019 Consultation on reforming the Packaging Producer Responsibility system that big changes are on the way. All producers and stakeholders have been invited to put forward their ideas about how they think the new system should work. A second consultation is planned for early 2021. For more information, please click on the following link:
UK - Packaging Consultation Document
UK Plastic Packaging Tax
The UK 2020 budget confirmed the implementation of the Plastic Packaging tax, planned for April 2022. A second consultation closed in August 2020 on policy design to determine how this tax will be implemented. The rate has been set at £200/tonne of plastic packaging manufactured or imported with <30% recycled content. To find out more regarding how this tax may impact your business, Greenstreets has provided further information here.
How can Greenstreets help?
We can manage all aspects of your Packaging Compliance Reporting and provide independent verification of your packaging specifications, completely removing the burden of preparing your annual packaging returns. We can also provide independent advice and guidance on the changes likely to arise from reform of the UK's Producer Responsibility system
- Comprehensive knowledge of UK's Packaging regulations
- Working methodologies acknowledged by UK Environment Agency
- Purpose designed software to ensure data integrity
- Trusted by over 300 companies in UK, Europe and North America
How do you benefit?
- Reduced workload, allowing you to focus on your core business
- Better data for greater control over your fee obligations
- On-site assistance for smooth and efficient regulatory audits
- Using your data to help generate business intelligence
- Advice on recycling content and recyclability
- Quality assured. ISO 9001 certified.
Find out more about our services here