Integrated Data Management System
GRIPS™ was developed in 2005 to underpin and supplement the workload of Greenstreets’ team of data analysts. This allowed Greenstreets’ to provide a comprehensive and robust data reporting service and enabled analysts to:
• Upload packaging specifications from clients’ ERP, MRP or Stock Control systems
• Apply rules to these packaging specifications, linking these to reporting criteria
• Quickly and accurately calculate packaging obligations
• Produce compliance reports in required reporting formats
• Provide a clear and accurate audit trail in the event of regulatory audit
• Offer a secure storage repository for client data
More recently, additional capability was added to enable GRIPS to manage other EPR waste streams including Electronic Waste (EEE), Waste Batteries and Textiles.
Why was GRIPS™ developed?
Managing data correctly is critically important for Greenstreets and a fundamental element in ensuring peace of mind for clients. Having reached the limitations of other available and affordable technology options, the decision was taken to develop a solution specific to the needs of the company and its clients.
This played an important part in differentiating Greenstreets from other service providers as the software was designed specifically for the purpose of capturing and reporting packaging waste. This allowed Greenstreets to deliver value for money for its clients, significantly reducing the time taken to prepare accurate data submissions.
Over time additional reporting capability was added, providing better analysis of data, enabling clients to focus on high-cost compliance elements within their business. It was also used to enhance the data collection process, which can be slow and arduous.
More recently, GRIPS™ was reconfigured to capture sustainability metrics of packaging and other EPR waste types, which are used by clients for CSR or Sustainability Reporting.