HMRC's new Plastic Packaging tax, due to be implemented in April 2022 will impact many producers using plastic packaging.
Key features of the draft legislation include:
- A £200 per tonne tax rate for packaging with less than 30% recycled plastic
- All liable producers will need to register with HMRC
- Producers/importers with less than 10 tonnes are excluded
- How the tax will be collected, recovered and enforced
- How the tax will be relieved on exports
This is different from existing EPR Reporting as the primary focus is on Plastic Packaging and its Recycled Content, which is not currently required under existing packaging regulations.
Our new Plastic Packaging Tax Assessment service will explain
- If you are obligated
- How to register and
- What you need to report.